Murad is a litigator with experience representing clients in state and federal courts in diverse matters, including contract, partnership, fraud, trademark, intellectual property, franchise, products liability, false advertising, and consumer finance disputes.
- Represented client in a partnership dispute involving a prominent real estate analytics company, resulting in a jury verdict finding liability on all of the client’s affirmative claims and rejecting all counterclaims.
- Represented client in bet-the-company trademark and contract dispute against one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, drafting the opposition brief on a highly contentious motion to dismiss, resulting in a favorable ruling.
- Represented Fortune 50 banks and industry-leading loan servicers in a wide array of consumer finance disputes, including claims brought under TILA, RESPA, FDCPA, and FCRA, and breach of contract, fraud, and tort claims, regularly obtaining victories at the pleading and summary judgment stages, or negotiating favorable settlement terms.
- Represented one of the world’s largest aerospace manufacturers in complex products liability action.
- Represented mortgage loan servicer in dispute with another servicer over the sale and servicing of large secured-loan portfolios.
- Represented industry-leading home security company in dispute with a contractor.
- Represented clients in a franchise dispute with a cannabis-related payment processing startup.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Murad practiced in the Dallas office of a national law firm, and clerked for the Honorable Barbara Moses in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Murad received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he competed in and coached moot court, and was an editor of the Virginia Journal of Social Policy and the Law. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Texas at Dallas, where he competed on and captained the mock trial team.
Admitted to practice in Texas; California bar admission pending.