Minh-Van Do is a complex commercial litigator with trial and appellate experience in both state and federal court. Minh-Van is also an experienced white-collar defense attorney and has represented individuals and large institutions in government investigations. She also has substantial experience in banking and finance litigation, and has represented many well-known banks in various matters. She has represented numerous global financial institutions in disputes involving breach of contract, fraud, and federal securities violations.
- Defend employers in complex labor and employment matters involving alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and breach of employment contract. Obtained favorable resolution on behalf of employer in claims relating to racial discrimination and wrongful termination.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar jury verdict on behalf of a California bank in a lawsuit involving fraud, breach of contract, and negligence claims.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of medical clinics and physician in suits involving conversion, fraud, breach of contract, and receivership.
- Represented Deutsche Bank AG in a breach of contract claim involving complex foreign-exchange trading and related actions alleging alter-ego and fraudulent conveyance claims against a closely-held corporation.
- Represented Deutsche Bank AG in a federal class action suit alleging violations of the Securities Act of 1933 in securities offerings.
- Represented a Credit Suisse subsidiary in fraud claims concerning the selection and valuation of collateral debt obligations.
- Represented the independent Monitor of Toyota in relation to a Deferred Prosecution Agreement involving violations of federal vehicle-safety reporting requirements.
- Represented former executive of a financial institution in relation to a federal investigation into potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Represented HSBC in a federal investigation concerning anti-money laundering violations.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Minh-Van was a litigation associate at Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP. Minh-Van received her Juris Doctorate at Cornell Law School. She graduated summa cum laude from UCLA where she received a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science.
Admitted to practice in California and New York.