Jeff White is a complex commercial litigator with experience advising and litigating on behalf of real estate, entertainment, healthcare, financial services and fashion industry clients. He has represented private and public-sector clients in civil litigations, regulatory proceedings, and internal investigations. Jeff regularly litigates highly-complex matters, including class actions, corporate governance, employment, intellectual property, product liability, fraud, and insurance disputes.
Jeff has a track record of obtaining excellent results for his clients. His current and past representations include:
- Representing the County of Los Angeles in ongoing federal district court and appellate proceedings in overtime pay dispute under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Obtained favorable settlement of representative action brought under California’s Private Attorneys General Act on behalf of Orange County skilled nursing and rehabilitation care facility.
- Successfully defended the Metropolitan Water District in contentious dispute under California’s Brown Act, resolving all allegations and avoiding litigation.
- Advised high-end luxury fashion brand in employment dispute with senior officer, resulting in favorable resolution without litigation.
- Secured dismissal of class allegations in employment dispute against Northern California nursing facility.
- As post-trial counsel following $45 million jury verdict, won motion for new trial on behalf of the County of Los Angeles, leading to favorable resolution of action.
- Defended Los Angeles real estate developers in contentious dispute with investor, ultimately resolving claims in mediation with clients obtaining significant monetary recovery from plaintiffs.
- Obtained favorable settlement for Atelier Luxury Group, LLC, a premiere and innovative fashion label, in trademark infringement and dilution action in California federal court.
- Represented large Los Angeles real estate developer in numerous hotly-contested lawsuits involving $500 million portfolio of high-end luxury apartment buildings in Los Angeles and Santa Monica.
- Obtained favorable settlements for national car dealership in multiple consumer arbitrations involving fraud and breach of warranty claims.
- Obtained favorable resolution for global medical device manufacturer in connection with investigation under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Represented 125 Broad Condominium, a commercial condominium association, in insurance coverage litigation relating to losses sustained during a natural disaster.
- Obtained favorable resolution for Fifth Third Bancorp, in connection with SEC administrative proceeding involving disclosures relating to its commercial real estate loan portfolio.
- Represented Barclays Bank PLC in numerous litigations arising from the sale of residential mortgage-backed securities.
Jeff also has an active pro bono practice. He successfully represented a survivor of domestic violence, first-chairing a multi-day bench trial and obtaining the maximum relief under New York law for his client. He represented the same client in appellate proceedings, whereby the trial verdict was affirmed in full. He was honored by Sanctuary for Families with the Above and Beyond Award for this representation. He has also represented consumers and non-profit organizations in civil proceedings throughout California in federal and state courts.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, LLP, Jeff was a litigation associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP in Los Angeles, and at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in New York.
Jeff received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Virginia, School of Law, where he served on the Virginia Law Review and graduated Order of the Coif. During law school, Jeff worked for Professor Kenneth S. Abraham, a leading expert in the fields of torts and insurance law. Jeff received his Bachelor’s Degree from Pomona College, where he majored in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics.
Jeff is admitted to practice in California and New York.