Jeff White is a complex commercial litigator with experience in the banking and financial services, healthcare, and consumer retail industries, among others. He has represented clients in a range of civil litigations, regulatory proceedings, and internal investigations, including in securities, consumer lending, product liability, and insurance disputes.
- Represented LaSalle Bank N.A., a securities dealer, in briefing before the California Supreme Court in five related proceedings, successfully defeating petitions for review in each action.
- Represented global medical device manufacturer in connection with an internal investigation involving potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Represented 125 Broad Condominium, a commercial condominium association, in insurance coverage litigation relating to losses sustained during a natural disaster.
- Represented Fifth Third Bancorp, a regional financial services institution, in connection with SEC administrative proceeding involving disclosures relating to its commercial real estate loan portfolio.
- Represented Barclays Bank PLC, an international financial services institution, in related litigations arising from the sale of residential mortgage-backed securities.
Jeff also has an active pro bono practice. He successfully represented a domestic violence survivor while first-chairing a multi-day bench trial, obtaining for his client the maximum relief allowed under New York law. He represented the same client in appellate proceedings, whereby the trial verdict was affirmed in full. He was honored by Sanctuary for Families with the Above and Beyond Award for this representation. He has also represented consumers and non-profit organizations in civil proceedings throughout California in federal and state courts.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, LLP, Jeff was a litigation associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP in Los Angeles, and at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in New York.
Jeff received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Virginia, School of Law, where he served on the Virginia Law Review and graduated Order of the Coif. During law school, Jeff worked for Professor Kenneth S. Abraham, a leading expert in the fields of torts and insurance law. Jeff received his Bachelor’s Degree from Pomona College, where he majored in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics.
Jeff is admitted to practice in California and New York.