Jamil is a litigator admitted to practice in California. He represents clients in federal and state courts, including in matters involving copyright and intellectual property, defamation, false advertising, and antitrust.
- Successfully represented a leading product manufacturer in petitioning the International Trade Commission for an exclusion order barring infringing products from the U.S. market.
- Represented the plaintiff, a global telecommunications company, in a successful federal jury trial involving billing technology.
- Defended a software company in a cross-border licensing dispute involving allegations of copyright infringement and trade secret misappropriation.
- Obtained an early dismissal of an intellectual property suit in federal court on behalf of a leading network provider.
- Defended a public utility company in federal court against antitrust and tort claims brought by a solar panel company.
- Represented an overseas software developer in a federal suit involving, inter alia, claims for defamation, copyright infringement, and false advertising.
- Defended a global technology company in intellectual property suits in federal court.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a financial services company in relation to an intellectual property dispute.
- Represented a large technology company in an intellectual property dispute involving wearable technology in federal appellate court.
- Defended a defense technology company against copyright and patent infringement allegations in federal court.
- Represented pro bono clients in matters involving copyright infringement claims, immigration status, and dismissal of past convictions.
- Represented amici curiae in successfully arguing against unnecessary detention of noncitizens before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Obtained resentencing and release of a California prison inmate.
Jamil is a Southern California native. He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from California State University, Long Beach and his Juris Doctor from University of California, Los Angeles School of Law. While attending law school, Jamil served as editor-in-chief of the UCLA Entertainment Law Review and worked as an intern at Warner Chappell Music.
Currently, Jamil serves on the Board of Advisors for the Kleefeld Contemporary Art Museum at California State University, Long Beach.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Jamil was a litigation associate in the Los Angeles office of a global law firm.