Evan is a litigator admitted to practice in California and New York. He represents clients in state and federal courts in a broad range of matters, including fraud, breach of contract, civil RICO, product liability, and employment. Evan also has experience representing clients in criminal investigations and corporate compliance matters.
- Represented large hospital system in antitrust class actions in state and federal courts.
- Obtained favorable settlement via mediation for victim of fraud committed in connection with a media asset sale.
- Successfully defended large manufacturer against toxic tort claims.
- Represented international bank in civil fraud actions commenced in jurisdictions across Asia.
- Represented asylum seeker fleeing systemic gang violence in El Salvador.
- Obtained restraining order for victim of domestic violence in Los Angeles Family Court.
- Represented bank executives in multiple federal criminal investigations, which resulted in no charges filed against his clients.
- Obtained favorable settlement for avionics engineering company in contract dispute with major airline.
- Represented broadcasting company in employment disputes with on-air talent.
- Represented multi-strategy hedge fund in corporate compliance matters.
- Represented broker-dealer in multiple FINRA inquiries regarding securities trading proximate to major transaction announcements.
- Represented police union in third-party subpoena matter.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Evan was a litigation associate at top global law firms in New York and Los Angeles. Evan received his J.D. from New York University School of Law, and obtained a B.A. in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.