David Bosko has extensive experience in large, complex, litigation matters. He has litigated in state and federal courts in California and New York, has arbitrated multiple disputes, and has settled cases through mediation. He focuses his practice on finance, employment, and real estate disputes.
- Represented an insurance company in a multi-billion dollar dispute against a large international bank based on losses resulting from its investment in mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented an inter-dealer broker in an employee raiding case involving hundreds of employees in three continents in a dispute with multiple lawsuits in state and federal court and an arbitration.
- Represented a large, publicly traded bank in a dispute with a borrower over alleged fraudulent handling of a mortgage.
- Represented multiple hedge funds, providing advice and strategic decision making as to optimizing value of distressed debt.
- Represented a private equity firm as buyer in managing due-diligence in the context of the acquisition of a large company.
- Represented Trustees in large scale litigation against multi-national banks based on losses in mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented a purchaser of a large hotel in a dispute related to disclosures in a real estate sale transaction.
- Represented a large institutional client in more than a dozen foreign and domestic mediations.
- Represented a first time home-buyer in a non-disclosure dispute.
- Represented a governmental agency in defending employment disputes including alleged wrongful termination and breach of contract.
- Represented a leading media content creator in dispute with talent over an employment contract.
- Provided Pro-Bono assistance to ACLU in advocacy for children’s right to appointed counsel.
- Provided Pro-bono representation of the New York Civil Liberties Union in its suit against New York State seeking increased funding and attention to criminal defense.
- Provided Pro-bono representation of the Innocence Project in its fight for recognition of a potentially wrongfully implemented death sentence.
David is a member of the state bars of California and New York, and a member of the Los Angeles and Century City Bar Associations.. Prior to joining Miller Barondess, David was a litigation associate at Quinn Emanuel in New York. He received his Juris Doctorate from Harvard Law School, and also graduated magna cum laude from University of Southern California’s Annenberg School, where he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication.
David is a skilled and experienced public speaker, having been recognized as 1st Place Persuasive Speaker at USC’s annual speech competition, as well as 1st Place Speaker in the United States in Student Congress and 1st Place Speaker in Impromptu Speaking in New York State while in High School.
David has numerous diverse and interesting experiences pre-dating his legal career, including dealing craps in Las Vegas, crossing the country twice by Greyhound, and starring on David Letterman’s couch as a seven-year-old New York City subway expert.