Colin Rolfs is an experienced civil litigator and trial lawyer. He represents clients in complex commercial disputes in state and federal court. He regularly represents clients in entertainment, real estate, finance, employment, and other business matters.
- Represented a founding member of the rock band Journey in a lawsuit with former band members over the rights to the Journey name.
- Represented the California State Association of Counties and California School Boards Association in a lawsuit challenging California campaign regulations.
- Represented the County of Los Angeles in a lawsuit over its public outreach relating to a ballot measure.
- Represented an investor in a lawsuit following the collapse of a real estate investment firm.
- Represented a real estate developer in a lawsuit with a commercial anchor tenant.
- Represented a real estate developer in a lawsuit against another developer for trademark infringement and breach of an option agreement for the purchase of an apartment complex.
- Represented a former employee in a dispute over a profit sharing agreement.
- Represented an education technology company in a lawsuit brought by a former executive employee, alleging breach of his employment agreement.
- Represented an insurance company seeking the return of documents misappropriated by a former employee.
- Represented a solar energy company in a class action in federal court asserting violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Represented workers’ compensation insurance carriers in lawsuits filed in state and federal court asserting the companies hacked the litigation files of workers’ compensation applicants.
- Represented a solar panel manufacturer in a securities fraud lawsuit filed against the company in federal court.
Colin received his Juris Doctor from the UCLA School of Law, where he served on the UCLA Law Review and graduated Order of the Coif. He served as a law clerk for the Honorable Josephine L. Staton of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. He received his Bachelor’s Degree summa cum laude from Northwestern University.
Admitted to practice in California.