Cody is a litigator with experience representing clients in both state and federal courts. He has experience in business litigation, contracts, intellectual property, trade secrets, partnership disputes, employment disputes, wage and hour, and other complex matters.
- Represented buyer of a startup company in state and federal court for misappropriation of trade secrets under the Defend Trade Secrets Act against StubHub, Inc.
- Represented buyer of a startup company in a state court action for misappropriation of trade secrets under the California Uniform Trade Secrets Act against a large online media corporation.
- Represented the former showrunners of Discovery Channel’s Treehouse Masters television program in a partnership dispute.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of Competitor Group, and Ironman Triathlon in a breach of contract action arising out of a sponsorship agreement.
- Represented former Fortune 500 company executive in a breach of contract action brought by the company.
- Assisted local business in closing a retail store location by drafting severance agreements for all employees.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Cody was a litigation associate at Pierce Burns, LLP. He received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, where he served as the Chair of the Hale Moot Court Honors Program. Cody received his Bachelor’s Degree in both History and Classics from the University of California, Berkeley.