Casey is a business litigator admitted to practice in California and New York. She represents clients in state and federal courts in diverse matters including contract, fraud, employment, copyright, trademark, entertainment and false advertising disputes.
- Won $15.8 million unanimous jury verdict for large Southern California Toyota dealership group against Toyota Motor Sales.
- Won $2.5 million jury verdict against the University of California for retaliation for reporting allegations of gender discrimination, which was recognized as a Daily Journal Top Verdict in 2017.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of prominent payment processing company in lawsuit by former employee for fraud and wrongful termination.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of independent television network for breach of carriage agreement and fraud against major telecommunications company.
- Successfully defended restaurant bookkeeping startup in recruiting contract dispute.
- Secured a dismissal with prejudice on behalf of major crowd funding website in action for breach of contract, fraudulent inducement, and unjust enrichment.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of top-ranked university in a Trademark Trial and Appeal Board opposition proceeding.
- Secured a dismissal on behalf of prominent private equity firm in shareholder derivative suit.
- Secured a dismissal on behalf of a high fructose corn syrup manufacturer in false advertising litigation.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for internationally-recognized hospital facing claims for false reporting.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for industry and timeshare ownership market leader facing breach of contract claims.
- Defended popular men’s lifestyle brand in trademark infringement litigation.
- Represented employees of major produce company in connection with False Claims Act investigation.
- Represented leading global solar energy company in breach of contract and fraud litigation.
- Advise employers in diverse industries on high-stakes risk management issues.
- Advised screenwriters and directors of television series on copyright issues.
- Advised painters and galleries on contractual and copyright issues.
- Advised visual artists on moral rights issues when their work has been altered or destroyed.
- Advised Major League Baseball team on intellectual property issues related to stadium design.
- Represents the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California in litigation involving rate-setting for member agencies.
- Represents leading treatment and rehabilitation center in litigation involving misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
Casey is an active member of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) and California Lawyers for the Arts, a nonprofit organization devoted to empowering California’s creative arts communities. Casey is also on the Leadership Council of the GO Campaign, a nonprofit that partners with grassroots organizations around the world to provide orphans and other vulnerable children with critical services, resources and other opportunities.
A Florida native, Casey received a Bachelor’s Degree in History of Art and Architecture from Brown University. She received her Juris Doctorate from New York University School of Law.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020, Casey was recognized by her peers in Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Rising Star.”
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Casey was a litigation associate at Foley & Lardner LLP and also worked in the legal department at Estée Lauder Companies.