Casey is a business litigator admitted to practice in California and New York. She represents clients in state and federal courts in diverse matters including contract, copyright, trademark, employment, entertainment, fraud, and false advertising disputes.
- Won $2.5 million jury verdict on behalf of former Chief Campus Counsel of UC Riverside for retaliation for reporting allegations of gender discrimination.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of independent television network for breach of carriage agreement and fraud against major telecommunications company.
- Secured a dismissal with prejudice on behalf of major crowd funding website in action for breach of contract, fraudulent inducement, and unjust enrichment.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of top-ranked university in a Trademark Trial and Appeal Board opposition proceeding.
- Secured a dismissal on behalf of prominent private equity firm in shareholder derivative suit.
- Secured a dismissal on behalf of a high fructose corn syrup manufacturer in false advertising litigation.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for internationally-recognized hospital facing claims for false reporting.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for industry and timeshare ownership market leader facing breach of contract claims.
- Defended popular men’s lifestyle brand in trademark infringement litigation.
- Represented employees of major produce company in connection with False Claims Act investigation.
- Represented leading global solar energy company in breach of contract and fraud litigation.
- Advised screenwriters and directors of television series on copyright issues.
- Advised painters and galleries on contractual and copyright issues.
- Advised visual artists on moral rights issues when their work has been altered or destroyed.
- Advised Major League Baseball team on intellectual property issues related to stadium design.
- Represents the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California in litigation involving rate-setting for member agencies.
- Represents leading treatment and rehabilitation center in litigation involving misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
Casey is an active member of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) and California Lawyers for the Arts, a nonprofit organization devoted to empowering California’s creative arts communities. Casey is also on the Leadership Council of the GO Campaign, a nonprofit that partners with grassroots organizations around the world to provide orphans and other vulnerable children with critical services, resources, and other opportunities.
A Florida native, Casey received a Bachelor’s Degree in History of Art and Architecture from Brown University. She received her Juris Doctorate from New York University School of Law, where she served as an editor of the Annual Survey of American Law.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Casey was a litigation associate at Foley & Lardner LLP and also worked in the legal department at Estée Lauder Companies.