Casey is a business litigator admitted to practice in California and New York. She represents clients in state and federal courts in diverse matters including contract, fraud, employment, copyright, trademark, entertainment and false advertising disputes.
- Successfully defended the City of Inglewood and Mayor James Butts in multiple lawsuits instigated by Madison Square Garden-Forum and its attempts to block construction of the new L.A. Clippers arena in Inglewood.
- Won $15.8 million unanimous jury verdict for large Southern California Toyota dealership group against Toyota Motor Sales.
- Won $2.5 million jury verdict against the University of California for retaliation for reporting allegations of gender discrimination, which was recognized as a Daily Journal Top Verdict in 2017.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of prominent payment processing company in lawsuit by former employee for fraud and wrongful termination.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of independent television network for breach of carriage agreement and fraud against major telecommunications company.
- Successfully defended restaurant bookkeeping startup in recruiting contract dispute.
- Secured a dismissal with prejudice on behalf of major crowd funding website in action for breach of contract, fraudulent inducement, and unjust enrichment.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of top-ranked university in a Trademark Trial and Appeal Board opposition proceeding.
- Secured a dismissal on behalf of prominent private equity firm in shareholder derivative suit.
- Secured a dismissal on behalf of a high fructose corn syrup manufacturer in false advertising litigation.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for internationally-recognized hospital facing claims for false reporting.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for industry and timeshare ownership market leader facing breach of contract claims.
- Defended popular men’s lifestyle brand in trademark infringement litigation.
- Represented employees of major produce company in connection with False Claims Act investigation.
- Represented leading global solar energy company in breach of contract and fraud litigation.
- Advise employers in diverse industries on high-stakes risk management issues.
- Advised screenwriters and directors of television series on copyright issues.
- Advised painters and galleries on contractual and copyright issues.
- Advised visual artists on moral rights issues when their work has been altered or destroyed.
- Advised Major League Baseball team on intellectual property issues related to stadium design.
- Represents the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California in litigation involving rate-setting for member agencies.
- Represents leading treatment and rehabilitation center in litigation involving misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
Casey is an active member of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) and California Lawyers for the Arts, a nonprofit organization devoted to empowering California’s creative arts communities. Casey is also on the advisory board of Guidelight Group, an organization that provides services to teens and adults with developmental disabilities.
A Florida native, Casey received a Bachelor’s Degree in History of Art and Architecture from Brown University. She received her Juris Doctorate from New York University School of Law.
Casey was recognized by her peers in Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Rising Star” in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
In 2021, Casey was selected by the Los Angeles Business Journal in its list of “Most Influential” women attorneys in Los Angeles.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Casey practiced in the New York and Los Angeles offices of a large, international firm and also worked in the legal department at Estée Lauder Companies.
Admitted to practice in California and New York.