Andrew Dubin represents clients in a variety of complex litigation matters including contract, entertainment, fraud and unfair business practices, insurance recovery, consumer protection defense, business torts, and products liability disputes. Andrew also has extensive First Amendment experience litigating claims involving invasion of privacy, defamation, misappropriation of likeness, and retaliation claims and anti-SLAPP motions. He has a breadth of litigation experience including drafting and challenging complaints, offensive and defensive discovery, taking and defending depositions, pretrial briefing and dispositive motions, arbitrations, trial and appeals and has appeared before federal and state courts.
- Represents and advises clients on insurance recovery, contractual obligations, federal legislation, and government orders regarding ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Obtained favorable settlement for private equity investor and robotics developer in intellectual property and breach of contract suit.
- Successfully represented top California university in defamation, copyright, and misappropriation dispute.
- Obtained favorable settlement for popular media company in “bet the company” suit by celebrity claiming invasion of privacy and misappropriation of likeness over company’s publication of article containing lewd photographs of celebrity.
- Secured a dismissal on behalf of major entertainment studio in labor, contract, and misappropriation suit.
- As lead counsel, successfully defended (obtained complete dismissals or negotiated favorable settlements) leading credit reporting agency in over forty separate lawsuits involving consumer protection claims under federal and state laws brought in multiple states.
- Successfully defended numerous online hotel and travel booking companies in tax lawsuit by territory of Puerto Rico.
- Represented leading credit reporting agency in years-long investigations by multiple Attorneys General.
- Obtained favorable settlement for major California utility company in multibillion dollar construction dispute. Led team of over 60 attorneys in incoming and outgoing discovery involving multimillion page document productions and sophisticated e-discovery techniques.
- Contributed to the Los Angeles County Blue Ribbon Commission on Child Protection.
- Obtained favorable class settlement on behalf of major consumer appliance manufacturer for product defect claims.
- Successfully opposed certification of a nationwide class or alternative statewide classes pursuing dozens of consumer protection claims under the laws of several different states on behalf of major toy and childcare company.
Andrew has represented a variety of Fortune 500 companies including major entertainment studios, cable television networks, media and web companies, international consumer retail stores and manufacturers, investment banks, online travel websites, and credit reporting agencies, among others.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Andrew received a Bachelor’s Degree in History summa cum laude from the University of California, Berkeley. He received his Juris Doctorate from the Northwestern University School of Law, where he was a John Henry Wigmore Scholar.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Andrew was a litigation associate at Jones Day. Before law, Andrew worked for a Silicon Valley startup on predictive algorithms for marketing in the entertainment industry.
Admitted to practice in California.