Alex is a litigator with experience representing clients in both state and federal courts. He has experience in commercial and finance litigation, antitrust, bankruptcy, mass torts, contracts, intellectual property, and other complex matters. During law school, Alex completed two judicial externships with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
- Represents a major bank, as a secured creditor, opposing a debtor’s claim objection in bankruptcy court.
- Represents a real estate company in a business dispute.
- Represents shareholders, officers, and directors of a corporation, in a breach of fiduciary duty dispute with another shareholder of the corporation.
- Represented a public utility in a mass tort trial.
- Represented a foundation challenging the constitutionality of a California statute.
- Represented pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in intellectual property disputes.
- Represented a major California developer in tort claims filed by property owners surrounding a development site.
Prior to joining Miller Barondess, Alex was a litigation associate at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP. He received his Juris Doctorate from the University of California at Berkeley (Boalt Hall), where he served as the Senior Executive Editor of the Berkeley Business Law Journal. Alex has a Master’s Degree in Biology and received his Bachelor’s Degree in Biology with a minor in Russian from the University of California, Los Angeles.